A leading Controlled Environment Agriculture (“CEA”) Company is seeking a well-rounded Senior Purchasing Manager to drive continuous improvement in the sourcing and procurement of best-in-class materials and contribute to the success of new construction projects measured by quality, time and budget. The corporate offices are located in Carpinteria, California. The company offers excellent employee benefits and promotes a friendly work environment.
- Lead the negotiation and supplier selection process that ensures best quality and price.
- Leverage existing technology to drive visibility and efficiency maintaining proper inventory levels at each facility.
- Build strong relationships with existing and new suppliers to ensure predictable supply and pricing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments to introduce new ideas and solve product development challenges and opportunities.
- Contribute expertise to construction team tasked with automation upgrades and new facility builds.
- Minimum 5-10 years work experience in purchasing and negotiating in a multi-facility setting.
- Ability to read, understand and negotiate legal contracts with suppliers.
- Demonstrate ability to apply "big picture" thinking and planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field preferred but may substitute equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP’s.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven elite negotiating and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.