Do you have a manufacturing background in management and leadership in fresh cut and value-added produce? Are you ready to take on the leadership and development of a successful plant operations team bringing new products to market?
This premier food manufacturing company has been in business for nearly 20 years. Committed to providing a variety of fresh cut fruits and vegetables to a diversified portfolio of customers in retail, food service, and other food-manufacturing companies.
The Director of Plant Operations is the leader in producing products while maintaining plant safety, food safety, quality, customer service and cost efficiencies for their 100,000 square foot plant in the Los Angeles area. The driven, self-starting leader will develop and recommend plant objectives, short- and long-range plans and programs together with supporting budget requests. The successful mentor will develop and implement operational efficiencies, process improvements and procedures to be carried out throughout the company. This includes yield, labor, shipping, tracking efficiencies and driving daily success in the plant.
As the company continues to grow and develop, the leadership team will continue their approach to roll out new products. This includes master planning and production, inventory development and management and acting as a liaison with external parties on matters relating to procurement to make it happen. This position requires someone with grit, willing to get on the plant floor and understand who does what and how to help them with efficiencies and productivity.
- Direct, supervise, coach and develop line leads, plant supervisors and plant managers, in the execution of their responsibilities
- Organize, coordinate, and have general oversight of all production staff and activities, including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
- Plan and determine requirements necessary for the successful rollout of new products
- Lead coordination of master planning, production, receiving, purchasing and inventory management
- Ensure continual improvement of processes, procedures and infrastructure to improve profitability Monitor and evaluate cost per pound, pound per man hour & product yields standards
- Develop good employee relations based upon company vision
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of the company operations procedures, reporting on the performance and initiating improvements for operations
- Develop management systems, establish work measurement programs, and perform line workload observations to develop standards for labor and materials utilization.
- 10+ years of experience in value added plant operations management and manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related degree is preferred
- Demonstrated industrial engineering skills in a production environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of food safety and general plant safety practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability of applying project management principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead teams in processing, storing, and shipping food product initiatives
- Very strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving capabilities
- Highly self-motivated; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate up and down the organization
- Cost accounting experience or financial acumen is a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish is an asset
- Highly self-motivated; able to work with minimal supervision
- Previously responsible for operational efficiencies to include product yields, labor, shipping/picking efficiencies, and sanitation scores
- Proven track record of results - data driven decision making
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.