We are a U.S. based grower and marketer of fresh produce grown throughout the eastern U.S, Mexico, and Costa Rica.
We are a small company comprised of like-minded individuals dedicated to a team concept that prioritizes cooperation, collaboration, integrity, and shared success. If you are a talented, dedicated, and driven individual that wants to be a part of a supportive, ambitious, and tight-knit group, we look forward to meeting you.
This position offers the opportunity to join the executive team, reporting directly to the owner; to play a key role in developing the category, and business as a whole, and to have a stake in the outcome of those efforts, while working in an environment that promotes quality of life as an equally important goal as financial success.
- Oversee the long term, and day-to-day, sales and marketing of the vegetable category.
- Develop and implement the marketing strategy for the expansion of existing products and introduction of new products in the vegetable category.
- Advise the Production Team on product development and management strategies.
- Collaborate with Production and Logistics teams to maximize product quality, continuity of supply, and efficient distribution to market.
- Manage and develop the Sales Team to continually improve customer service, achieve sales and profitability goals; promote collaboration, cooperation, integrity, and accountability.
- Significant experience in fresh produce sales and marketing
- Experience in a leadership role within the vegetable category.
- Experience working with national and regional retail accounts.
- Knowledge of the vegetable production process; farming methods, growing regions, competitive landscape, and logistical demands, in the U.S. and Mexico.
- Strong leadership skills and experience working with, or leading, a national sales team.
- Positive attitude, collaborative, and supportive management style, competitive, comfortable in high energy/high urgency environments, strong communication skills, attention to detail, uncompromising on integrity and respect for all team members.
- Successful applicant may work from our Texas, or Florida, offices, or from a remote location of their choosing.
- Position involves moderate travel throughout the year.
- Competitive salary, performance bonus/profit sharing, and benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
- Minimum two weeks paid vacation with additional vacation days liberally approved as job duties allow - sick days and family leave accommodated as needs arise.