Are you a finance and accounting professional who loves to multitask and work with new opportunities daily? Our fourth-generation legacy client, one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, is seeking a highly motivated Finance Director for Diversified Businesses to drive profitable growth and performance improvement.
As the Finance Director, you will lead the finance and accounting operations, providing monthly financials, analysis, and budgets for these growing businesses. These businesses complement the core business of growing produce. You will work closely with senior management teams and provide financial analysis and insights that drive growth.
The successful candidate for this position will have strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills, enjoy working as part of a team, and thrive in an ever-changing environment. This person must possess a strong familiarity with US GAAP in addition to expert skills in financial planning and analysis, cost accounting/ analysis, and building financial models. The ability to evaluate and strengthen internal controls and work through complex accounting issues will also be key to the success of this role.
Join our client's team and take your career to new heights! An amazing company culture sets them apart, and their employees love working with them, staying for years, and building careers. As part of their team, you'll have the freedom to move things in a direction without micromanagement. You will work autonomously with the guidance of the previous role holder. Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity!
- Work with senior leadership of multiple businesses within the company to provide FP&A services including shortand long-term forecasts, modeling business expansions, new product rollouts, and ad hoc projects
- Review departmental financial statements and variance reports prepared by staff, period-end account reconciliations, and departmental budgets
- Work with growing subsidiaries and investee businesses to provide guidance in adopting procedures to enable proper reporting in accordance with US GAAP and relevant regulatory agencies
- Manage the integration of systems, processes, and company policies of existing and newly acquired companies
- Manage the annual budgeting process by coordinating with the various stakeholders within operations and finance to ensure accurate, timely budgets aligned with strategic initiatives
- Provide guidance in the consolidation and compliance of multiple subsidiaries operating within the UK and the European Union, which also export products to Canada and Australia (international travel not required)
- Review, improve, train staff, to perform, and prepare period-end closing procedures, including monthly accruals, journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure strong controls and processes are implemented and maintained
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Finance or Accounting and a strong familiarity with US GAAP
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to promote and persuade ideas while building positive working relationships
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve
- Proven team player with the ability to collaborate effectively
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to perform research as needed to determine the proper accounting treatment
- Understanding of accounting literature and guidance
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
If you would like to discuss this job opportunity in 100% confidentiality with a Joe Produce Search Consultant, please call Recruiting at 855-563-7763, or email email@example.com
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.