Stability, service, value, and quality are the pillars of this vertically integrated grower/shipper in the Salinas Valley. Everything is in your control from the labor, harvesting, cooling, and shipping. You will be able to make your mark here with this financially stable business.
With additional growth plans, this company is looking to increase their sales team to move those plans forward. The Sales Account Manager will sell and also be responsible for commodity management. You will be tasked with achieving sales goals and performance metrics within your accounts. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to take on house accounts but also be expected to develop new business. Collaboration will be a key component of this role.
This is a flat organization that enables you to be nimble and make decisions quickly. Family is first and working here you will be treated like family. There is competitive compensation as well as a full benefits package.
- Generate sales and manage inquiries regarding products, prices, and product availability within assigned territories or product lines.
- Develop new business through the identification of new customers and expanded product lines or additional volume/product mix for existing customers.
- Identify potential customers and generate initial contacts.
- Collaborate cross functionally with teams to align customer sales expectations with planting/harvest schedules across various production regions.
- Estimates or quotes prices and contract terms.
- Provides after-sale problem resolution and support.
- Monitor and report on market conditions, product innovations and competitors’ products.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with key customers and suppliers, including negotiating and closing on major contracts.
- Supports sales transactions from inception through to delivery.
- Monitor’s customer payments and manages collections as needed. Works closely with customers and accounting to minimize aged receivables.
- Foster and maintain grower relationships within assigned commodities to ensure effectiveness as well as identify areas of improvement for future planning.
- Monitor sales metrics including sales account volumes, targets, and goals.
- Provide input for budget and cost reports as required for financial planning with the management team and General Manager.
- 5+ years agricultural sales experience.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Expanded knowledge of industry including regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office is desired.
- Knowledge of Famous Software or similar sales databases is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully interact with customers and in-house staff at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Highly organized with ability to multitask.
- Strong skills in explaining financing and sales programs.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and work calmly under pressure.
- High attention to detail and ability to analyze and react to data changes in a highly flexible product scheduling and harvesting environment.
- Bachelor’s in agricultural business or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual a plus.