Our client is one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, they ship a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic, and greenhouse-grown produce products throughout the nation.
Come and join their team at this family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce!
We are currently seeking a Foodservice Account Manager to join the team in Salinas, CA. As a customer-centric organization, they believe in creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout their operations and are looking for employees who fit into that culture and want to have an impact on their growth and success.
As a Foodservice Account Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of developing each customer relationship in the food service segment, understanding their needs, and the market channel as a business. You will work closely with our sales team members to increase the revenue and profitability of existing customers across product lines, as well as develop new customers.
You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand both customer needs and the competitive landscape. Utilizing their sales services, you will develop innovative solutions that align the needs of the customer with company goals. You will be accountable for profitability, revenue, and inventory. You must be able to communicate effectively with all areas of the Company with thought and purpose. You will, in conjunction with the product managers, develop go-to-market strategies to understand market conditions and target business.
If you are customer-centric, passionate about food, and committed to creating a sustainable future through innovation, we invite you to join this team as a Foodservice Account Manager. You will have the opportunity to work with a company that values its employees and provides excellent opportunities for growth and career development.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers, and team members that reflect a reputation for professional communications, service, trust, integrity, reliability, attention to detail and urgency
- Responsible for maintaining daily business with existing accounts in addition to developing new business opportunities
- Identify and address customer concerns and identify opportunities (new items/packs, logistical opportunities, and culinary ideation sessions etc.).
- Responsible for customer planning and forecasting, including projecting the number of cartons and revenue.
- Sell across all product lines, including new product launches, rationalization, and inventory flow.
- Participate in daily/ad/contract pricing as part of the larger Company sales team.
- Prepare and present customer presentations, proposals, and sales contracts.
- Prepare action plans and execute those plans maximizing the capabilities of the customer and the Company.
- Follow-up, monitor, and provide solutions for all areas of accounting including (e.g., credit quality, short pays, and late payments).
- Schedule customer ride-along trainings and sales visits with thought and purpose, including topto-top strategic meetings.
- Minimum of 6 years related sales/ account management experience
- Must be able to promote a positive company image and uphold company values.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Basic understanding of iTrade and various other customer-specific trading platforms
- Detail oriented with the ability to effectively multitask
- Must be able to work well both independently and with a team
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experienced in Microsoft office
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
If you would like to discuss this job opportunity in 100% confidentiality with a Joe Produce Search Consultant, please call Recruiting at 855-563-7763, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.