Our client is an innovative grower of fresh vegetables. The company has grown substantially over the past several years. They meet their customers’ expectations for outstanding service by being easy to do business with and consistently performing. They pride themselves on maintaining a family-oriented culture where every employee is treated with respect, listened to and encouraged to give their best every day.
Due to significant growth, this well respected company is in need of an Accounting Manager to oversee the transactional/operational accounting functions to join their team. This newly created position will report to the CFO and work closely with an experienced team of accounting professionals. This individual will be responsible for managing staff and processes as well as overseeing accounting aspects to include accounts receivable accounts payable, inventory, balance sheet reconciliations and preparing month end journal entries.
This position will be located in Salinas, CA and will require some travel. This is the perfect time to join a great team and work with some of the best customers, and people in the industry. This company thoughtfully hires to enhance their team with talented individuals capable of developing, performing and maintaining successful processes. They offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. This is an excellent growth opportunity for an entry level manager with accounting experience!
Responsibilities & Duties:
- upervise the administrative team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of daily/weekly financial tasks, work schedules, team development, etc.
- Manage the accounting operations team processes and transaction flow ensuring sound accounting practices are followed (harvest tag entry, shipper reconciliation, AR & AP).
- Assist in the production of weekly reports and financial dashboards.
- Lend financial perspective to business issues facing operations, including cost-benefit analysis and various ad-hoc projects.
- Support period-end close, ensuring general ledger is accurately represented .
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in analyzing financial statements for areas of profit improvement, recommend action.
- Assist with year-end review and year-end reporting requirements (1099s, health insurance reporting, etc.).
- Food Safety audit support.
- Other Ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
- 5+ years in GL accounting with at least 2 years of experience managing a team.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, INDEX MATCH) comfortable working with large data sets.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint) and Famous, report writing and business intelligence tools.
- Evening and weekend work during month-end close and other time-sensitive projects.
- Must be able to maintain a valid CA Driver's License with the ability to be insured under company sponsored liability coverage.
- Some travel may be required.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!