Staying at the top and a leader in the industry takes a strong team. Our client has been able to do that for decades in the Salinas Valley with seasonal shipping throughout California and Arizona.
The right candidate will be able to come in and join the team to make a difference every day in this interesting and diverse role! You will be working with a team of world-class leaders and directing top-notch employees.
To be successful in this role you will need to be very collaborative with the team and suppliers. The right candidate will be trustworthy, personable, and have outstanding communication. You will be looked upon as the leader and will be held to that standard. With full P&L responsibility for your managed departments as well as very large purchasing power, this will take a strong negotiator that knows how to build relationships.
You will be rewarded for your efforts with a very competitive salary and exceptional benefits package. You will be working primarily in the Salinas Valley with some travel to other grower regions.
- Partner with the Senior Leadership team to implement the strategic sourcing, negotiating, and securing of capital goods.
- Gain awareness of all operations, leading cost drivers, and identify opportunities.
- Operational responsibilities include oversight of corporate facilities management.
- Supervise business units that we procure, store, and distribute supplies from and review the related business processes.
- Works with President, COO, and Marketing in design and vendor selection for new product offerings.
- Develops and maintains corporate sustainability goals in the sourcing of environmentally conscious products.
- Accomplish department objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities and/or needs.
- Identify and lead process improvements including suppliers, RFPs, contracts, and performance reporting.
- Strategically lead the team with material forecasting, purchasing, and inventory management.
- Manage cost analysis and vendor performance on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to create, track and drive project timelines and packaging transitions with pressing deadlines.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing key vendor relationships.
- Maintain and expand supplier mix of packaging and inputs to maximize efficiencies and costs.
- Drive cost savings opportunities and production efficiencies.
- Act as liaison between sales, marketing, private brands, R&D, processing operations, and harvesting to determine project priorities and timelines.
- Develop inventory processes and SOPs for packaging, pallets, and fleet management.
- Oversee artwork development process between the team and packaging suppliers from die line to launch.
- Work cross-functionally and collaborate across all internal and external departments.
- Drive company sustainability initiatives related to packaging and fleet management.
- Travel to vendor and company locations.
- Develop and oversee the procurement process including bidding/contract negotiations.
- Efficiently select vendors, and expertly negotiate contracts to maintain a cost-effective supply chain.
- Plan and develop an annual budget for procurement of packaging and fleet.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable in procurement management and supply chain.
- Proven leadership with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Experience with rigid containers, labels, film, poly packaging, corrugate, RPCs, and pallets.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Existing vendor relationships for packaging materials sourcing.
- Understanding inventory management and finding efficiencies.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously for both yourself andthe team.
- A passionate leader that loves the Ag industry.
- Ability to travel.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.