This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to drive the total transformation of a well-established business that is positioned for significant growth. Not only will this transformation grow the business, but it also has the ability to change the lives of the people they rely on for production in Central America for the better. This organization genuinely cares about people, culture, and sustainability. They are led by an impressive and driven leadership team who are also warm, engaging, and caring people.
Our client is a leading supplier and marketer of fresh fruit around the globe. In the last several years, they have been expanding in North America. They continuously strive to improve and advance their business while making lives better in the areas they serve.
With this advancement comes exciting new challenges and opportunities. The ownership needs a President to run this business unit. The President will be responsible for the planning, development, and direction of a $240MM seasonal business that includes production operations in Central America, and sales in North America. This role will work closely with the executive management team, a key role in implementing a medium to long term strategy for the business. This seasoned produce executive will be expected to lead and facilitate an analysis and refresh of the business, rolling out a strategy to move the business forward while integrating into the parent company.
This is a change-leadership role with the goal of transforming the operation to better fit within a new consumer led and values driven culture. The ideal candidate will leverage their perfect blend of skills in strategy and diplomacy to help drive this already successful business forward into the future. We are looking for a proven leader with a successful track record in change management who possesses the ability to lead and influence across cultures and functions. This is a critical role within the company as this business is expected to represent 24% of the company’s overall operating profit
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create progressive solutions which will have a direct impact on the organization's ability to meet its key objectives globally, and potentially to form the basis of new strategic direction.
- Oversee the annual sales planning and go to market strategy including KAPs
- Provide the sales and production targets and ensure the coordination of execution between farming, shipping, packing logistics and sales
- Play a critical role in recommending direction for environmental and social policy adjustments in line with consumer expectations
- Ensuring full compliance with policies across the entire value chain with the support of the corporate leadership team
- Work closely with the corporate leadership team to ensure full alignment and coordination across the value chain from seed to shelf in all matters
- Establish the necessary cadence of financial and operational measurement and review to ensure that any issues are flagged early and mitigated on a timely basis
- Ensuring that the teams in all regions have the training, tools and support necessary to effectively execute against the strategy
- Establish a long-term succession plan to ensure business sustainability into the future
- Degree in business, MBA preferred
- 5-10 years of fruit production and or sales management experience
- Experience with melons, avocados, pineapples and kiwi highly desired
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead across cultures and functions
- Ability to collaborate, motivate, coach and supervise others
- Experience leading cultural and organizational change initiatives
- Effective negotiating skills with the ability to influence others
- Conflict resolution and facilitation skills
- Experience negotiating with labor unions a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think critically and work outside the box
- Able to accurately work with numbers and analyze data scrutinizing it from various perspectives
- Possess the drive to take ownership of projects and see them through to completion
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Computer skills: Fluency in Microsoft office applications and logistics software
- Location: Southern Florida