Custom Ag-Pak, LLC is headquartered in Hollister, CA. Our vision is to supply every one of our customers with the freshest, highest quality of processed salads. We believe that integrity, trustworthiness, and honesty are integral to who we are as a company, and so, we insist that at every stage of what we do.
We have an immediate opening for a Loader to join our team in both Hollister, CA and Yuma, AZ, either seasonally or year-round, year-round preferred.
As a Loader you are responsible loading trucks, rotating, consolidating product, organizing warehouse, maintaining a clean organized environment, good customer service, and a reliable inventory.
- Load outbound trucks/routes according to pick sheets.
- Physically inspect product for quality before loading onto trucks.
- Palletize orders as needed before loading onto trucks.
- Write up any shorts onto route short sheet that were not loaded for the route.
- Load route product shorts as they arrive from outside vendors.
- Split room/loading boxes for routes.
- Pull orders for wholesalers, 2nd runs or walk up customers.
- Tag product with a slot label and place in the correct slot location.
- Aside from putting product in racks, responsible for bringing product down to the floor in a timely manner.
- Keep the floors stocked with product at all times.
- Adherence to work schedule and attendance policy.
- Restocking at end and during shift.
- Capable of solving problems in an efficient manner.
- Must maintain errors involving shipments, receiving, and inventory to a minimal.
- Must be able to calculate weight on pallets loaded in order to prevent overweight and imbalanced loads.
- Must also calculate the room a trailer available to match the room needed to fit loads into trailer.
- Excellent communication with Working Foreman to ensure that on-time delivery requirements are met.
- Safe operation of facility equipment including forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Daily pre-inspection of assigned equipment.
- Ongoing participation in training for continuous improvement of performance.
- Cooperation with all Crew members and inter-Company departments.
- Special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of previous experience as a loader preferred.
- Must be able to work on any shift and/or any day of the week.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Good communication skills required both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision and be independent.
- Must have good mathematical skills.
- Ability to work in a cold environment.
- Drive forklift for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stack boxes ranging in weight up to 60lbs throughout the day.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.