Dandy Cooling prides itself on being a leader in the produce distribution business. We are devoted to continuing our advancement by continuously investing in our systems, equipment, and our employees.
We are looking for an Afternoon/Night Supervisor at our Salinas location to join our professional and positive work environment. The Afternoon/Night Supervisor will work approximately eight months in Salinas and four months in Yuma during the winter season.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform all duties required in dispatching product for Duda Farm Fresh Foods and Kroger Cross Dock Services;
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers in corresponding departments, effectively communicate job duties and responsibilities to employees;
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming/outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Works closely with shipping department to handle issues and make sure shipments come in and out efficiently;
- Determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules;
- Work closely with the Shipping Manager to make sure all departments are running efficiently and effectively;
- Work closely with our Safety Manager to ensure proper safety procedures and guidelines are being followed, documents/investigates employee safety incidents and facility incidents, effectively communicates and implements new safety rules and procedures to staff and fills out any necessary paperwork required.
- Work closely with Management Team (General Manager, Safety Manager and HR Manager) to ensure company policies and procedures are being carried out by employees.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills.
- 1-2 years’ experience in management (in agriculture a plus).
- Proficient computer skills.
- Bilingual ability in Spanish and English are a must.
- Traveling in the agricultural season to and from Yuma, AZ is required.
Dandy Cooling offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and a great working environment.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.