We are looking for an experienced produce buyer that is ready to step into an already well-established but steadily expanding fruit department.
Come join a fast-growing 4th generation family owned business that has been nationally recognized as one of the leading produce supply companies in the Produce Industry. With growing operations in California and Mexico, and wholesale distribution in Boston and New York, we are strategically positioned to offer our customers not only a full line of fresh produce, but generations of knowledge and experience.
You will be joining a talented procurement team that has a passion for the fresh produce business. We are looking for candidates with a proven produce buying track record that are eager to help maintain the company’s reputation for integrity and excellence. Your goal is to achieve optimum inventory levels for all market conditions, and drive sales growth by locating new supply sources and expanding our product line offering.
Specific tasks include:
- Source product and negotiate pricing across multiple fruit commodities
- Secure freight as needed
- Build and maintain grower/shipper relationships
- Manage inventory levels, review movement and set pricing
- Understand and communicate seasonal growing conditions
- Analyze sales trends
- Research and introduce new items to sales staff
- Finalize Account of Sales and authorize payments to shippers