DLJ Produce was founded in 1993 with the goal of bridging the communication and building partnerships among growers, shippers, retailers and foodservice customers. Currently DLJ Produce ships to more than 20 states, and several countries and has working relationships with more than 100 shippers around the world.
The DLJ Produce import program represents over 10 countries globally with year-round shipments available. The DLJ Produce domestic program along with the import program allows DLJ to provide year-round fresh products featuring sales and marketing expertise to our many supply partners.
DLJ has always adhered to a socially responsible approach to business and attracts dedicated and talented employees by offering an excellent salary structure, health care, retirement programs and profit sharing.
We have an immediate opportunity available for a Controller to join our team in Long Beach, CA.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently and be able to multi-task and handle pressure of a fast-paced industry.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, required.
- Thorough knowledge of cost accounting procedures in the agriculture industry including but not limited to growing, harvesting, cooling, & transporting.
- Extensive Excel and General Ledger systems knowledge.
- FAMOUS software knowledge is highly preferred.
- Technologically savvy and able to demonstrate competence in a variety of technological platforms and processes.
- Strong Business acumen, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven problem-solving skills, especially within a highly innovative environment
- Strong analytical, critical thinking skills, and proactive thought leadership.
- Comfortable interfacing with and presenting to executive management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to influence all levels, including senior-level executives, with strong interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy representing the Finance and Accounting department in executive settings.
- Track record of success in delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally and enhance your accounting skills.
Month end and year end closings plus financial statements.
Communication with outside CPA firm.
Maintain asset listings.
Payroll processing duties.
Manage insurance policies
Communicate with Human Resource
Other miscellaneous accounting duties.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.