Founded in Hawaii in 1851, Dole Food Company, Inc., with 2010 revenues of $6.9 billion, is the world's largest producer and marketer of high-quality fresh fruit and fresh vegetables. Dole markets a growing line of packaged and frozen foods, and is a produce industry leader in nutrition education and research. The Company does business in more than 90 countries and employs, on average, 36,000 full-time, regular employees and 23,000 full-time seasonal or temporary employees, worldwide.
Dole Fresh Vegetable is committed to supplying the consumer and our customers with the finest, high-quality products and to leading the industry in nutrition research and education.
We have a current opening for a Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager to join our team in Salinas, CA.
The position is responsible for managing the FSQA program for assigned area of responsibility (field, cooler or process operations). The FSQA Manager works as a liaison between growers, customers, co-packers, coolers, packing houses, and internal business teams to ensure all Dole quality & food safety standards are met or exceeded. The FSQA Manager will also be responsible for managing the FSQA specialists/supervisors and respective administrative staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of three to five years in a FSQA related field.
- Three to five years of supervision experience required.
- Produce or high-risk FSQA related experience preferred.
- Field FSQA related experience, strongly preferred.
- Technical knowledge of regulatory requirements, inclusive of FSMA, microbial hazards, third party audit bodies, sanitation procedures and field and plant operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Must have the ability to make decisions, appear for work on time, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures.
- Must be self-motivated and able to keep projects moving forward under stressful conditions. Changing priorities will be a persistent factor.
- Ability to work and adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- BA/BS degree in Microbiology, Food Sciences, Agriculture or related field is required.
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to contribute to one of the most well known and respected companies in the industry.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.