Do you eat food every day? Wow, so do we!
Do you want to commit yourself wholeheartedly to supporting organic agriculture while building a life of trusting and trusted relationships? Wow, so do we!
Do you have a self-propelled, raging sense of curiosity? No way, so do we!
Do you have the intentional desire to reach a pure flow state? Wow!! We do too!
Do you have “positive attitude” tattooed on your back? Wow!!! We don’t, but that is the kind of inspiration we want to be a part of!
Earl’s Organic Produce is looking for someone who loves produce and is interested in a life of excellence and engaged humor. We offer a full suite of benefits (medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, and much more), we also have daily produce for employees at no cost, discounted product, employee barbeques, swag, fun, the list goes on. We don’t wear suits. We’re not flashy. We are, however, the best at what we do.
We currently have an amazing opportunity for a Produce Buyer to join our team in San Francisco, CA.
Buyers are responsible for the sourcing of product. They exercise independent discretion and discernment while partnering with the Sales and Purchasing teams as valued resources. Buyers are also responsible for the development, expansion and profitability of the purchases. Be an Entrepreneur! Our buyers are engaged, creative problem solvers, who exercise connection to the roots of alternative agriculture.
The successful candidate will have:
- B.A./B.S., or equivalent work experience; five years hands-on fresh organic produce experience, preferably in a quality control, retail merchandising, or purchasing role.
- Excellent communication skills including reading, writing, and verbally communicating effectively and professionally with other business departments, customers, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
- Proficiency with inventory database programs and strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- In-depth understanding of quality requirements of discerning retail and institutional customers. Ability to think independently and to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of different situations without set guidelines. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report or schedule form.
- Appreciation of fresh produce aesthetics and varietal range, with a focus on fruit and vegetables. Excellent organization and communication skills, positive approach to alternate points of view with an ability to create agreement. Positive and Professional attitude. Strong networking ability. Attention to detail. Interest in the history and development of the organic produce industry. Ability to work well in an entrepreneurial environment and a culture of experimentation where creativity can help achieve company goals.
Earl’s Organic Produce provides a highly competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, LTD and voluntary life, plus a company-sponsored retirement program and paid meal breaks. After one year of employment, we pay 100% of medical benefits for employee only.
Earl’s Organic Produce works to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened and productive environment.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.