Eastside Packing, Inc. is an independent citrus packing, cold storage, and shipping facility in Reedley, California. We are a family owned operation with roots going back over 100 years and four generations in the farming, packing, and sales of fresh fruits. We are currently in a growth trajectory expanding our currently packing operations of mandarin and lemon varieties to all types of citrus.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Cost Accounting/Inventory Control Specialist to join our team. This position is in operational management in support of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The purpose and responsibility of this position is to work with the Packinghouse Manager and Chief Executive Officer to support and analyze the daily activities of Eastside Packing. A primary function of this position is to support the packinghouse manager and CEO on inventory control, purchasing, production cost analysis, and labor control. This position will be responsible for analyzing specific aspect of the business and work with the CEO to develop and implement process improvements. The position will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting on performance.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in agribusiness or accounting.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must have a demonstrated history of excellent English written and oral communication skills, and proficiency with computers and related software, specifically, Word, Excel, and QuickBooks.
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish).
- Previous experience working and a production facility or packinghouse, is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Famous, Spokane or other agricultural packinghouse management programs a plus.
Eastside Packing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing competitive pay and benefits including health coverage and a 401K retirement program.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.