At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive in this new farming era. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing their lives for good.
We are driven by the desire to have a large impact on the way society operates. We are redefining the way food should be grown, and deploying robots that make it possible. We enjoy tackling challenges far beyond our own area of expertise, and learning new things. We value ownership of decisions, and keep ourselves and others accountable.
We come from different background, with different views of technology and the world. Yet, we work every day together toward the same goal, learning from each other, and enjoying interacting in an ego-free environment. We take our work extremely seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We challenge what "impossible" means. We get excited when facing new seemingly unsolvable problems, and we work hard to bring reality closer to our wildest dreams.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement.
About the Role:
As an Equipment Operator at FarmWise, you will be operating our machines on the field on a daily basis. Your role is to ensure all operations go well with the machine on the field and to communicate with the farm operations manager as well as with the FarmWise team (based in San Francisco) to solve any unexpected issue.
We are looking for a detailed-oriented person with experience working with agricultural machines. You must be mechanically inclined and either experienced or willing to learn the operation of heavy equipment.
- Drive a truck and trailer, maintain a valid driver's license and earn good CDL driver's rating
- Be responsible for operating and maintaining equipment
- Review fieldwork with the operations manager
- Start and set up a modern machine through a digital interface (a tablet app)
- Report issues and help improve processes
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required with experience or vocational/technical certification
- 1-3 years of mechanical/technical engineering experience
- Able to apply written instructions to machine set-up and maintenance
- Proficient English speaker. Be able to communicate with fellow employees effectively
- Reliable attendance, punctuality, and attention to work
- Persist at difficult tasks despite unexpected obstacles
- Nice to have: Valid CA Class A commercial license
- Enjoy excellent benefits, health insurance, a 401k match program.
- Evolve in a very fast-paced environment with short development cycles.
- Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days.
Come work on technology that will change food production forever!