Foothill Packing Inc. is a California based Farm Labor Contractor and Custom Harvester, with operations in the Salinas Valley, Sonoma wine country, California Central Valley and Yuma (AZ)/Imperial (CA) growing area has been providing farm labor service since 2000 with the commitment to help our clients with dependable, honest, and efficient farm labor staffing. Our organization has a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation, and unrivaled H2A expertise. Our creativity and talented staff continuously innovate coming up with solutions to the challenges of the Agriculture Industry, striving to meet new demands, and to offer the most effective services in the industry.
We now have an opening for a Human Resources Manager to join our team in Salinas, CA.
This position will interact with all Departments and locations to provide support and training to other Managers and employees. The vision for this hands-on Manager is to take the lead in creating a dynamic and responsive HR Department in very fluid environments. This will be accomplished by assisting in development of computerized systems to augment our existing platform and through effective training of staff members, Managers, Supervisors, and Foremen at all levels within the organization.
This Manager position review and monitor all Company policies and practices, supervise the New hire, rehire, application, on boarding and termination process, oversee the FMLA process and the compliance according to Federal and State regulations and company policies. The position is on charge of the employee relations area and employee attention process, investigations and coaching for our personnel in several HR areas as communication, company policies and legal procedures for disciplinary actions and support to the Harvest Manager to their request related to the HR Department and functions. Create, review and implement new policies according to company request and new and existing legal rules for the industry.
FLSA Status: Exempt. Reports to: HR Director.
- Bi-lingual/Bi-literate English/Spanish required
- Valid California driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Travel approximately 30% to other locations, often on short notice, either by driving or flying and staying overnight for variable periods of time.
- Outside work that may require walking and standing in fields during all weather conditions.
- Agricultural background a plus but not required.
- H2A Visa Program experience is a plus and desirable.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office, i.e. Word, Excel.
- Any four year degree in related field, plus 4 years in a supervisory position or an equivalent combination of experience (8 years), supervisory position, education, and training that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required for the position.