Located in Fresno, California, Fowler Packing Company is the parent company to some of the industry’s most popular brands including Peelz Citrus, Samsons Grapes, G3 Development Company, and EMID Design Group. Fowler Packing was formed in 1950 as a small tree fruit operation and has grown into a trendsetter in quality, efficiency and sustainability. Today the company is built of over 700 full-time employees and frontrunners in agriculture, real estate, and interior design industries. If you are looking for an in-house position that offers a variety of work, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Summary/Objective: We are looking for a staff accountant to join our accounting team. This position will be responsible for performing various functions throughout the accounting cycle. The successful candidate will have a variety of responsibilities as defined below. This position must exercise effective communication skills, collaborate effectively with team members, and offer suggestions and support for continuous improvement within a dynamic environment.
- Prepare and record monthly accruals.
- Monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Use the BNA Fixed Asset application, understanding all fields to be populated for the asset records and ensuring all books—including GAAP and various tax books—are updated accurately.
- Prepare depreciation and amortization journal entries for all applicable assets, and reconcile the related accounts monthly.
- Preparation of business and agricultural property statements
- Assist in the preparation of internal monthly and external annual financial statements.
- Prepare supporting documentation and respond to external and internal inquiries related to the company’s financial reporting and tax compliance.
- Regularly and proactively communicates work progress, concerns, and questions in an open and forthright manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or equivalent is preferred.
- Understanding of monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and BNA Fixed Asset System is a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills are helpful.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and concepts, including FASB ASC 842 a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities for self and department while maintaining timeline integrity for projects and tasks.
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision/oversight by anticipating next steps.
- Able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats and present information appropriately based on the target audience.
Life at Fowler Packing
For 70 years, Fowler Packing has provided thousands of employees the opportunities to build a rewarding career that includes continued education, robust corporate culture, competitive compensation, benefits packages, and paid sick and holidays. Additionally, all employees enjoy complimentary meals at one of our two on-site cafeterias, and on-site health clinic visits at no cost.
Fowler Packing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.