Located in Fresno, California, Fowler Packing Company is the parent company to some of the industry’s most popular brands including Peelz Citrus, Samsons Grapes, G3 Development Company, and EMID Design Group. Fowler Packing was formed in 1950 as a small tree fruit operation and has grown into a trendsetter in quality, efficiency and sustainability. Today the company is built of over 700 full-time employees and frontrunners in agriculture, real estate, and interior design industries. If you are looking for an in-house position that offers a variety of work, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The Senior Accountant – Tax, will work under the Tax Director and Tax Manager in strategic planning projects. Fowler Packing prioritizes fostering employee growth, continuous improvement, and aspires to be recognized as a best-in-class tax department. This role offers exposure to diverse industries, facilitating the development of specialized expertise. In this professional environment, individuals will enjoy ample support for ongoing professional development, including access to comprehensive research and educational resources. Prospective candidates are encouraged to bid farewell to the pressures associated with public accounting hours and chargeability and embark on a fulfilling career journey with the organization.
- Assist with managing tax filing deadlines for multiple entities, including federal/state/local returns for the Company, passthrough entities, trusts, and individuals.
- Assist the Tax Manager with the review and delivery of all federal and state tax returns, investor K-1s, and other relevant investor tax documents.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior team members.
- Analyze financial data to identify tax-saving opportunities and propose strategies.
- Perform detailed review of tax workpapers, returns, and tax-related calculations prepared by team members.
- Prepare and maintain workpapers to track fixed assets for both Federal & State income tax purposes.
- Assist in tax planning and strategy development.
- Provide support with tax special projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Maintain and update status trackers for all required tax deliverables and tax returns.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns.
- Three to five years’ experience working in a combination of public accounting and/or private industry in a tax accounting capacity, with real estate industry experience preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with Joint Venture LP/LLC structures, REITs, Qualified Opportunity Zone, and Tax Cuts and Jobs Act legislation are pluses.
Life at Fowler
For 70 years, Fowler Packing has provided thousands of employees the opportunities to build a rewarding career that includes continued education, robust corporate culture, competitive compensation, benefits packages, and paid sick and holidays. Additionally, all employees enjoy complimentary meals at one of our two on-site cafeterias, and on-site health clinic visits at no cost.
Fowler Packing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.