Our sales and marketing department is looking for an Account Receivables Specialist to join us in Miami, FL.
FRESH DIRECTIONS INTERNATIONAL is a family-owned company which was founded in 1996, in Ventura CA. Currently, we have commercial offices established in the state of Florida USA, Mexico and the Dominican Republic. We are the largest Avocado Grower/Processor/Packer in the Dominican Republic. Our main goal is not only to process high quality fruit but to bring all products directly into final consumer hands, supermarkets and specialty market consumers.
What you will be doing: You will be responsible for a wide variety of general accounts payable responsibilities, grower accounting duties, cost accounting duties, as well as other miscellaneous general accounting duties.
- Review Maintain and Process Local, Domestic and International Customer Invoices.
- Review Customer Claims file.
- Monitor all pricing in sales notification e-mails.
- E-Mail / Mail Invoices to customer and sales department.
- Generate and Analyze Account Receivable Report.
- Generate and Issue customer statement to Customer.
- Monitor Customer Past Due Balances.
- Maintain up to date - Customer’s Contact Information for all department.
- Annual review of active and inactive customer.
- Maintain all customer’s files accordingly.
- Generate and review Sales, Ship and Order Status Report.
- Daily Reporting of shipping equipment rentals.
- Prepare and gather credit documentation for new customer for CAO Credit Evaluation.
- Prepare and gather credit documentation for credit limit increases request of existing customers for CAO Evaluation.
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned.
- Prepare daily check deposits and updates COD check report.
- Enters finalized cash receipts and updates accounts receivable ledger by customer.
- Processes daily credit card receipts, and wire transfers receipts.
- Files check copy and deposit slip copy.
- Prints and prepares customer credit memos for daily mailing.
- Processes customer claims of invoice payment.
- Processes charge backs, returns, and bad checks.
- Corresponds with customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Regularly works with secure data relating to credit card/bank account receipt transactions requiring strict confidentiality.
- Telephone Calls.
- Mail Collection and Distribution.
- 3+ years of related accounting experience
- Computer Skills Required: Microsoft Office, Accounting Software
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Communication Proficiency and Excellent Customer Service
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
- Administrative Writing Skills