Gargiulo, Inc. is a large producer, packer and wholesaler of fresh market tomatoes.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Assistant Packinghouse Manager to join us in Immokalee, FL.
Reporting to the Packinghouse Manager, The Assistant Packinghouse Manager will have responsibility for daily planning, organization, supervision, general labor scheduling, and administrative tasks to ensure packinghouse operations are running efficiently and effectively.
You will also maintain and comply with Gargiulo, Inc. Company Policies and practices, Local, Federal and State Government Laws and Regulations; Dept. of Labor Wage and Hour Rules, Cal/OSHA Health & Safety Regulations, Food Safety requirements in Good Manufacturing (GMP), and HACCP.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Minimum Requirements: Minimum of (3) years’ experience in management of general operations in produce production, processing, or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey information effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Mechanical experience, preferably with packing line troubleshooting and scheduled/unscheduled maintenance.
- Working knowledge of operational budget and operational costs.
- Experience in scheduling and labor management.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Teamwork skills with company management, production supervisors and outside contractors.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, to include personnel staffing levels for production.
- Train and oversee personnel and key individuals on specific job tasks, overall safety and food safety requirements.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and an excellent place to work where you efforts will be recognized and rewarded.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.