Gargiulo, Inc. is a large producer, packer and wholesaler of fresh market tomatoes. We have an immediate job opening for a full-time Farm Manager in our Firebaugh, California operations.
This is a “hands on” position that requires the individual to lead by example. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in all aspects of farm management including planning, growing, and harvest operations.
The person that we are searching for has the following qualifications:
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work extensive hours, as necessary.
- Flexible and able to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Physically capable to engage in any aspect of normal farming operations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with company management and personnel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Prior experience in food safety/quality assurance.
- Knowledge of chemical use and compliance.
- Experience in hiring, training and developing farm personnel.
- Experience in and knowledge of fresh produce operations.
- 5+ years as a farm manager.
- Possession of a CDL and an acceptable driving record insurable by the company’s insurance company.
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to be part of a great organization.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.