Gourmet Mushrooms, Inc. is committed to growing the finest quality specialty mushrooms using sustainable practices. We have been pioneer growers of fresh culinary mushrooms since 1977, when we were the first to commercially cultivate shiitake in the United States.
We are offering a great opportunity for a Sales Representative to join our team based out of Sebastopol, CA.
Working with the Sales Manager, the Outreach Sales Representative will understand current and potential accounts and distribution areas, and to identify target markets. Conduct cold calls to generate and develop leads for new accounts; research sales regions and potential accounts, make initial contact to qualify and develop potential partners. During final onboarding process, coordinate follow up communication with appropriate account manager.
This position is a primary driver for sales outreach and is not responsible for day to day account management.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven track record of closing deals and achieving sales success.
- Comply with all company policies and food safety regulations.
- Interact with current and potential customers in a professional and supportive manner at all times.
- Keen attention to detail and organizational skills, with the ability to maintain accurate customer records.
- Sales experience in fresh produce preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and challenging goals.
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms; i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Limited travel; customer sales visits, trade shows. Very limited overnight travel.
When applying, please include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements as a single document (PDF).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.