G&R Farms in Tattnall County, Georgia, began as a small family farm owned by Walter L. Dasher in 1945. From those modest beginnings, today the operation his sons and their sons have built includes nearly 5,000 total acres of southeast Georgia farmland that produces a variety of crops. But a major point of pride for G&R Farms and the Dasher family is their reputation as leaders in the Vidalia® sweet onion industry.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Quality Control and Facilities Manager to join our team.
The successful candidate will work directly with both the Quality Control Director and Operations Director while learning the daily operations and procedure at G & R Farms, before taking on a more supervisory role. This opportunity allows for growth within the company that can be very rewarding both personally and financially. You will be allowed to develop and collaborate with Upper Management to develop new procedures and/or policies that will improve the efficiency and work environment at G&R Farms.
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Live within a 50 mile radius of Tattnall county, GA.
- Be a High School Graduate, college Graduate Preferred
- Have computer skills and proficiency in both Microsoft Excel and Word
- Be Detail Oriented
- Be able to work flexible/extended hours during peak seasons.
- Be a Great Communicator with all G&R employees and owners
- Able to develop new processes and procedures, implement them, and develop ways to monitor them moving forward.
- Eager to learn all facets of Quality Control and packing in the shed.
- Must be able to pass a criminal back-round check and drug screening.
- Supervisor Experience a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Previous farming/produce/packing experience a plus.
Salary is negotiable based primarily upon qualifications and experience outlined.
This is a tremendous opportunity which has the potential to move into upper level management in the future.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.