Family-owned and headquartered in Bakersfield, California, Grimmway Farms traces its roots to a produce stand opened by the Grimm brothers. Today, Grimmway still follows the principles planted by founders Rod and Bob Grimm through our commitment to caring for customers and employees, honoring sustainable practices and preserving natural resources for generations to come.
We are now accepting resumes for the position of Outside Grower Field Representative to join our team based in Bakersfield, CA.
This position represents Grimmway Farms to outside (contracted) growers and assists in procuring acres, carrot production, coordinating planting and harvesting. This position serves as a liaison between contracted growers and the Grimmway Sales, Production and Grower Accounting Departments.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent field experience preferred
- Must demonstrate knowledge of scheduling and executing crop inputs including, but not limited to, planting, cultivation, fertilization, irrigation, harvesting and production
- Previous carrot growing experience preferred
- At least 3 years of agriculture experience preferred
- Ability to forecast harvest estimates and quality
- Experienced in reporting, standardization and analysis
- Must possess effective communication skills with all levels of staff
- Must have good organization skills and be self-motivated
- Must be able to travel to all growing areas on a regular basis
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical and functional capacity evaluation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Coordinate the growing and harvesting of carrots. Submit crop estimates and recruit new growers at the direction of Sales and Production Departments. Ensure accurate projections and harvest scheduling. Ensure harvest timing optimization for maximum quality and yield. Daily travel required within Kern and other carrot production regions. Interact with other department managers and staff to facilitate the coordination of work. Responsible for securing contracts with growers, along with GAP worksheets and Compliance Agreements. Remote data entry may be required. Adhere to all regulatory and safety guidelines.
Ability to continuously work outdoors all day in various and sometimes extreme weather conditions. Ability to inspect equipment and product. Ability to continuously work with product and equipment at ground level. Ability to work on uneven terrain both on foot and while aboard moving equipment. Ability to get on and off various stationary and moving equipment. Must be able to move items weighing up to 50 lbs.