We are a field buying organization with a very long history in the produce industry. We source a full range of the highest quality fruits and vegetables. We are looking for an experienced professional to join our team of seasoned experts.
We are searching for an additional permanent, full time experienced Inspector to join our team in McAllen, TX.
This position is responsible for monitoring the quality of perishable products, specifically melons, while working collaboratively with suppliers and our buyers by traveling to various farming operations and performing related duties as required. Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in performing duties directly related to the general operation of produce quality control.
This is a full-time salaried position with full benefits, including a company car.
- Check produce to make certain product is up to acceptable standards
- Communicate with buyers all quality issues and assists them in resolving them to ensure the customer receives the highest quality products possible
- Communicate regularly with our buyers on the company’s status on product quality
- Analyze, identify, and propose action to the solution of problems associated with Quality Assurance
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and sanitation policies
- Experience dealing directly within the produce industry and especially with melons. Must include experience with Watermelon with experience in Berries and Tropical a plus.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Willingness to work full time with some weekend and night hours and travel during the summer months.
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two- way communication.
- Must have a good reputation and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Knowledge of USDA grading system a plus