Job Title: Senior Sales
Reports to: Sales Director
Employment Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Updated: April 2023
The Senior Sales position is responsible for building long-lasting, loyal client relationships, while endorsing and cross-selling new products to our existing and potential customers. This individual must have extensive produce knowledge and should possess a measurable familiarity with asparagus and herbs. The Senior Sales position will be responsible for both retaining existing business and adding new Retail/Club/Wholesale accounts to the company.
- Proactively develop and maintain client base.
- Schedule sales calls for new and existing clients.
- Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts.
- Be able to manage and solve conflicts with clients.
- Supports, promotes, and manages all company programs and contracts for assigned customers.
- Interact and coordinate with the sales team and other staff members, regularly.
- Meet timely deadlines for assigned accounts and be able to work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Reviews and analyzes weekly reports, follows up as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Regularly study market conditions, trends, and market pricing.
- Completes proactive customer “good will” calls and ensure excellent adequate follow up.
- Anticipate customer needs and track customer spend on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Meet and/or exceed assigned monthly /annual goals on revenue/cartons/profit.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to develop business cases, presentations and proposals.
- Periodic travel, as needed.
- Minimum 7+ years previous experience as Sales Associate in the produce industry or similar industry.
- English required, bilingual preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail, follow-up and organization.
- Excellent computer skills and social media savvy; knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Famous, etc.
- Must possess an understanding of market conditions, trends, and market pricing.
- Some experience in A/R Management, a plus.
- Sense of imperativeness applicable to perishable product.
- Highly organized, efficient, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (both verbal and written, interpersonal and proper phone etiquette).
- Shows consistent professionalism and good judgment.
- Proven track record of established sales, cold calls, and/or account management success.
- Diverse Produce Industry knowledge and capability to apply appropriate produce trading practices.
- Generate sales for a portfolio of accounts and reach the Company's sales target.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Work environment is usually fast paced with frequent short deadlines and regular instances of critical or unusual situations requiring a high level of adaptability and flexibility.
- Field of work includes offices and in some instances the warehouse and surrounding grounds.
- Limited hazards due to visits to warehouse and surrounding areas.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.