The Sourcing Category Manager is expected to consistently deliver measurable and strategic goals to enable an ongoing, continuous supply chain of HS products. The Sourcing Category Manager must also collaborate effectively both internally and with suppliers. Other responsibilities include developing effective negotiation strategies to enable success; and managing market complexity.
- Employ strong knowledge of key industry players, competitors and market dynamics.
- Effectively develop and lead complex sourcing strategies and manage suppliers and internal networks to deliver best in class performance.
- Implements strategic procurement plans to accommodate procurement team goals
- Supervise a designated group of commodities.
- Oversees product coordination between sales department, production department, and purchasing related units.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory levels in indicated facility.
- Executes purchasing responsibilities on key seasonal commodities weekly, while guiding and mentoring purchasing team on auxiliary commodities.
- Reviews market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and seasonal sourcing opportunities.
- Researches and develops relationships with new and existing suppliers and growers while strategically develops and optimizes our supplier network country-wide for category.
- Develop effective negotiation strategies to enable success.
- Leverage effective business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry players.
- Professionally manage and measure suppliers for continuous performance and improvement.
- Develops company-wide produce demands to coincide with production department needs
- Proficiently employ programs and project management tools and techniques.
- Independently solve problems and make decisions for strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and or processes.
- Provide day to day oversight and with a ‘hands on’ execution role.
- Recommends budget, expenditures, and appropriations for the purchasing department's annual budget.
- Other duties assigned as necessary; responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration preferred but not required.
- Minimum 4-7 years analytical, planning, procurement, supply chain or other relevant industry experience; Asparagus and Pea specific experience, preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of market analysis, sourcing category strategy, supplier relationship management and negotiations, supplier continuous improvement programs.
- Knowledge of critical procurement legal requirements and contracting best practices.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. and internationally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Sales and Warehousing, preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, & Excel); experience with Famous software a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, preferred.
- Minimum 4-7 years of related industry experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Work environment is usually fast paced with frequent short deadlines and regular instances of critical or unusual situations requiring a high level of adaptability and flexibility.
- Field of work includes offices and in some instances the warehouse and surrounding grounds.
- Limited hazards due to visits to warehouse and surrounding areas.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.