Harvest Sensations is an industry leader in fresh produce innovation. The famous Harvest Sensations brand stands for premium quality, great tasting core conventionally grown products, amazing organically grown products, specialties and herbs from around the world, and services from our state-of-the-art facilities in both Los Angeles, CA and Miami, FL.
We are able to ship by truck or air cargo and all of our facilities undergo strict third party audits, daily shelf life testing, and HACCP training to ensure excellence in service.
We have an immediate opening for a Sourcing Category Manager to join us in our Los Angeles, CA facility.
The Sourcing Category Manager is expected to consistently deliver measurable and strategic goals to enable an ongoing, continuous supply chain of Harvest Sensation products. The Sourcing Category Manager must also collaborate effectively both internally and with suppliers. Other responsibilities include developing effective negotiation strategies to enable success; and managing market complexity.
This specific Los Angeles role requires early morning hours (Starting 1-2AM). The Ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3 years of produce experience, with a broad knowledge of specialty produce commodities, as well as a general understanding of the Los Angeles terminal market.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration preferred but not required.
- 3 years minimum of produce experience. 5 or more years preferred.
- Minimum 4-7 years analytical, planning, procurement, supply chain or other relevant industry experience; Asparagus and Pea specific experience, preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of market analysis, sourcing category strategy, supplier relationship management and negotiations, supplier continuous improvement programs.
- Knowledge of critical procurement legal requirements and contracting best practices.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. and internationally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Sales and Warehousing, preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, & Excel); experience with Famous software a plus.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.