Located in the northern San Diego county city of Escondido, Henry Avocado was founded in 1925. We are an expanding year-round grower, packer, importer, ripener and distributor of fresh avocados with distribution centers in key regions of the United States.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Avocado Production Manager to join us.
The Production Manager leads and directs a team of supervisors and personnel responsible for all aspects of production including the grading, sizing, labeling, packing, bagging, and shipping of fresh avocados. The Production Manager is expected to understand the concepts of production goals and costs, have a positive attitude, and possess the ability to motivate and direct the production team to achieve Henry’s standards for accurate, safe, on time, and cost- effective production.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Previous management experience in food production or manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to always achieve Henry’s standards for freshness, quality, accuracy, and on time completion of customer orders.
- Written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Management capabilities to directly supervise 5-7 lead personnel, with overall supervision of over 60 full-time and seasonal personnel.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, production-related computer systems, common office machines, spreadsheets, Microsoft/Google applications, and communication via smartphones and tablets.
- Forklift and pallet-jack experience.
- Strong mechanical background.
- Ability to lead personnel, handle multiple tasks, achieve production goals, ask questions, offer improvement ideas, and accept new duties as assigned.
- Ability to react professionally to changes in workload.
- Ability to always communicate in an effective and courteous manner with all personnel, suppliers, and others.
- Ability to promote a calm, professional work environment under pressure of time constraints.
- Ability to constantly observe production and take appropriate immediate action when required.
- Ability to pay attention to details and ensure accuracy of all facets of production.
Henry offers a competitive salary, a 401K retirement plan, and comprehensive medical plans, opportunity for eligibility for annual performance bonus along with an opportunity to advance your career through performance. You’ll also appreciate our culture: Employees are empowered to show initiative and suggest improvement in all aspects of our business.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.