Index Fresh is a worldwide marketer of avocados, sourcing from all major growing regions around the Globe.
They are currently seeking to fill the role of Class A Driver in Bloomington, CA.
The driver is responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of fruit from growers to the packing house & from the packing house to customers’ destination.
- Drives tractor, maneuvering into position with attached trailer and handling lines to secure
- Inspect tractor-trailer to ensure cleanliness, operational functions & fuel
- Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Inspect bill of lading and related documents for accurate accounting of product.
- Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
- Drive tractor-trailer to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and sill in maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
- Effectively and efficiently deliver pallets to destination in a safe manner
- Communicate with logistics on order of delivery
- Deliver empty bins to and pick up from various growers throughout Oxnard, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Riverside, San Bernardino, & San Diego.
- Operate and maintain boom truck and forklift.
- Ensure pallets are locked in place with the load locks
- Operate pallet jack to offload pallets
- Maintain driver log according to DOT regulations.
- Follow all quality and food safety requirements through the unloading and delivery process.
- Follows all prescribed safety
- Occasional travel may be required to assist other locations.
- During low season, operates a forklift to assist the warehouse team.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a Class A Driver License with a good driving record.
- Minimum of 3 years driving experience.
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years.
- No convictions of a DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and bills of lading.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
- Ability to operate a tractor-trailer
- Able to work long hours and weekends, and possibly holidays.
- Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Foods Certificate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and extreme cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.