Food mfg. in Otay is currently looking for a 2nd Shift Quality Assurance Supervisor with 3+ years of hands-on supervisory experience.
The key responsibilities include scheduling employees’ hours, train, and supervise employees on daily duties that pertains to their jobs, counsel employees on improvements and issues related to their responsibilities, assure Food Safety/Quality Prerequisite/Regulatory-
This position reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager and has a high potential for growth.
- Review and understand Food Safety & Quality records.
- Perform CAPA reports (Corrective Action/Preventive Action), Problem Solving Skills
- Assist in processing quality data for record keeping and generating reports.
- Assist in filing of records and maintaining the record filing system.
Required education and/or experience:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization: Operators, Supervisors and Managers.
- Ability to communicate with USDA inspection team
- A highly motivated, self-starter personality is important.
- Required MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint) ability to manage, create, and edit.
- HACCP certification, SQF/ISO trained, knowledge in USDA/FDA regulatory, GMP/Prerequisite programs experience preferred.
- Associates degree preferred (substitute 3 yrs. Experience in industry for degree.)
The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical benefits, profit sharing program and other competitive benefits.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.