JOE Pro Resumes is part of the Joe family of companies, which includes: JOE Produce (online job center for the produce/agriculture industry), JOE Produce Search (executive recruiting), JOE Food Safety (jobs in food safety), and Natural Industry Jobs-powered by JOE (online job center for the natural and organic industry).
JOE Pro Resumes began in 2013 as a natural complement to our online job center, helping candidates market their skills, background and accomplishments while searching for new employment opportunities. Since that time, we’ve written hundreds of impactful resumes for multiple industries.
While we specialize in Produce/Ag and Natural jobs, we have applied our resume writing strategy and expertise to industries as wide-ranging as banking, technology, admin, finance, dentistry, veterinary, retail, social work, teaching, and so much more. Our clients range from C-level executives and experienced professionals to recent college graduates. We provide professional resume writing, executive biographies, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles.
As we continue to expand our business, we’re seeking to hire a new resume writer to drive our writing services and provide clients with exceptional on-time, high-quality, personalized projects optimized for the current job market. Our new hire will have the flexibility to work remotely or from our office in Granite Bay, CA (when it is safe to do so due to Covid-19 protocols).
We are seeking a passionate and talented resume writer who will understand and have the ability to deliver targeted, engaging, clear, concise, error-free, and easy-to-read professional documents.
Skills You Need:
- Experience as a professional resume writer, or similar document writing/editing, and/or strong aptitude to learn the technique
- Solid understanding of how to research and develop content that is relevant to various employment industries
- Understanding of how to develop content that is appropriate for entry level, technical, professional, and executive roles
- A strong writing and editing foundation in the English language as well as a proficient understanding of grammar, spelling, and mechanics
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Understanding of business terminology
- Desire to help others achieve their career goals
- Self-starter with strong time management and organization skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Word (formatting, design, tables, styles, paragraph spacing, colors, etc.)
- Familiarity with Adobe PDF file creation and manipulation
What You Will Do:
- Write, edit, and format professional resumes, cover letters, and bios/profiles from scratch, using client-provided information; update or create LinkedIn profiles
- Support professionals in various phases of their careers with targeted documents
- Directly interact with clients as needed by phone and/or email
- Craft compelling, customized content for job seekers in various industries
- Support our recruiting and website content teams with writing and editing as needed
What You Will Like:
- Flexible hours. For the most part, you will manage your schedule while taking care of your customers’ needs and maintaining excellent customer service and communication
- The right person can help us grow this business and create more opportunities and income
- Our culture and environment is open and supportive. We all get along with each other, and work together to be successful as a team
The Perfect Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have experience and background in the produce/agriculture industry with an excellent understanding of industry-specific roles, terminology, history, and trajectory AND/OR be an experienced resume writer with the proven ability to learn industry vernacular and nuances.
Please apply with a resume that you have created yourself – this will give us a strong indication of your skills and/or aptitude for the role. Optional: Include a cover letter with your availability (date you can start work, hours per week & schedule) and why you think you are perfect for this role.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.