Founded in 1965, Liberty Fruit Company, Inc. offers an unmatched selection of the highest-quality fresh produce in Kansas City and surrounding areas. We stand for three generations of leadership and over 250 dedicated employees, serving customers throughout Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Illinois. Our commitment to exceptional quality and unparalleled service is not only the cornerstone of our business, it is a tribute to our customers in recognition of their partnership, trust and loyalty.
Liberty Fruit is seeking a chief financial officer (CFO) to join our senior management team. The CFO will act as a business partner to the CEO and assume a critical leadership role in the company, managing treasury, finance, accounting and compliance functions and implementing controls to protect corporate assets. This individual will be responsible for budgeting and financial planning, producing and/or coordinating all financial statements and reports and developing sound accounting procedures.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a finance leadership/management role
- MBA, CPA or an additional 5 years of relevant management experience
- Strong systems, process and financial reporting experience
- Extensive understanding of GAAP and accounting best-practices
- Decisive, organized and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Distribution experience preferred but not required
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance at competitive rates
- STD, LTD, Life and work-site packages available
- 401k plan
- Paid time off
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications for this position, please submit your resume along with salary considerations as a single document (PDF).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.