Mack Farms is a well- established Florida Based grower, shipper and packer of fresh produce items for local and national accounts. We specialize in new crop potatoes, onions and watermelons. We have a friendly and professional working environment that offers stability and growth opportunities.
The Food Safety and Compliance Specialist is responsible for general oversight of all aspects of food safety and regulatory compliance of the farming operation, and warehouse packing and distribution program, including organic and sustainability efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
This position oversees Food Safety policies, procedures and training to ensure compliance at field, harvest, and packinghouse, including remote farms and production sites. This position reports directly to the warehouse operations manager.
- Maintain existing policies and procedures and manuals to stay in full compliance with current GFSI guidelines and proposed FSMA requirements. Further develop and revise policies and procedures in accordance with new regulations as necessary.
- Responsible for government, regulatory, industry and specific customer audit administration and compliance of food safety remote farming and production locations.
- Conduct monthly internal self-audits at facility and farm level. Communicate findings to upper management.
- Establish and conduct regular food safety committee meetings. Train and communicate FS policies to all company employees and growers.
- Oversees Master Cleaning Schedule for Sanitation, coordinates cleaning and monitors required logs, documents and records in collaboration with the sanitation team.
- Supervises sanitation crew, cleaning of plant and equipment within GMP guidelines and SSOP’s. Ensures plant sanitation meets all company and regulatory standards.
- Maintain and update FS Manuals, perform daily verification of cleaning, temperature, and maintenance logs.
- Collect water, soil and field product samples as required. Conduct routine equipment swabbing and analyze results.
- Assist sales department with supply chain compliance and customer updates.
- Maintains inventory of all food safety supplies
- Actively monitors food recalls and trace-back procedures in compliance with PTI guidelines.
- Coordinates quality assurance activities and provide technical assistance and training to personnel.
- Assures that documents required by regulatory authorities are properly reviewed and filed.
- Conducts GMP and sanitation audits of operations and warehouse areas.
- Acts as point person for audits (internal, regulatory and customer).
- Performs other duties and research as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Solid produce industry food safety, quality assurance or supervisory level experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft applications, and diverse software background.
- Strong communication skills. Bilingual/Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of HAACP, GMP’s, GAP’s.
- Experience with Primus GFS, and Organic Certification highly desirable.
- Ability to travel for remote location auditing oversight.
- Ability to train, lead and thrive in a fast paced sales and operations environment.
- Provide professional customer service and contribute to improving workflow.