From its headquarters in Salinas, Markon Cooperative, Inc. provides fresh produce purchasing, logistics, information and marketing services exclusively to its five member distributors (Ben E. Keith Foods, Gordon Food Service, Gordon Food Service Canada, Nicholas & Company, and Shamrock Foods Company) and their foodservice customers. A leader in food safety, quality control and innovation, Markon is also mindful of the produce industry's impact on people – from field workers to consumers. At Markon, we put people first, and we offer a culture that values teamwork, loyalty, and a commitment to excellence. Learn more about Markon at Markon.com.
We are seeking an experienced, hands-on Human Resources (HR) Manager to oversee the day- to-day HR functions and develop, administer and evaluate employee policies and procedures.
The HR Manager serves as an effective champion for the culture and values that are key to the organization: innovation, teamwork, trust, respect, hard work and recognition.
This position requires a thorough understanding of CA employment laws, the ability to exhibit independence, flexibility and good judgment.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits package. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position, but a part-time role may be considered. Employer subsidized health, vision and dental insurance effective on the first of the month following hire. Other benefits include PTO accrual, paid holidays, annual bonus, 401K, onsite gym and more.
- A combination of education and experience that provide the skills needed to successfully complete the essential functions; typically, through a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and at least 3 years of Generalist experience; background in produce preferred
- Highly proficient computer skills, including HRIS systems, Microsoft and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and conflict resolution skills
- Thorough knowledge of CA employment laws
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and with sound judgment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility, enthusiasm and teamwork
- PHR, SPHR or similar certification preferred
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.