From its headquarters in Salinas, Markon Cooperative, Inc. provides fresh produce purchasing, logistics, information and marketing services exclusively to its seven member distributors (Ben E. Keith Foods, Gordon Food Service, Gordon Food Service Canada, Maines Paper & Food Service, Nicholas & Company, Reinhart and Shamrock Foods Company) and their foodservice customers. A leader in food safety, quality control and innovation, Markon is also mindful of the produce industry's impact on people – from field workers to consumers. At Markon, we believe people matter, and we offer a culture that values team work, loyalty, and a commitment to excellence. Learn more about Markon at Markon.com.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to play a critical support role in our IT Department. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of IT experience and be familiar with the produce industry. This position requires Microsoft Azure and Windows Active Directory experience, excellent communication skills, and the ability to exhibit independence, flexibility, and good judgment to respond to changing priorities. Must be able to take rotating evening and weekend on-call responsibilities (minimal work).
Competitive salary and benefits package. This is a full-time, exempt position. Employer subsidized health, vision and dental insurance effective on the first of the month following hire. PTO accrual and paid holidays from date of hire.
To be considered, please submit a resume and a letter of interest to Bianca Adams McCauley, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assists IT Director with system infrastructure maintenance (Microsoft O/S, SQL, Microsoft Dynamics Nav) and EDI Integrations
troubleshooting, server administration in collaboration with current network consultant
- Assists with restoration of SQL database backups for testing/development purpose
- Manages Markon phone system
- Manages Azure cloud infrastructure in collaboration with current network consultant
- Windows Active Directory management
- Building access (door key) and cell phone administration
- Suggests solutions to emerging MIS issues; recommends and implements IT upgrades/changes
- Performs regular evaluation of MIS procedures and equipment for maximum efficiency
- Collaborates on application software and processes
- Prepares technology for new hires and temporary employees
- Troubleshoots technical issues throughout Markon departments in order to minimize business interruptions
- Alerts staff to technical issues that might harm the integrity of the computer systems
- In collaboration with network consultant, shared on-call coverage for company computer systems, building security and server room (rotating weekends and evenings)
- Other special projects as needed
- Any combination of education and experience that allows for the successful completion of the essential functions; typically through a Bachelors or Associates degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field, and at least 3 years of IT work experience. Produce experience helpful.
- Experience with Windows O/S (Windows 2012 & 2016, Windows 10)
- Experience with SQL 2012
- Experience with Microsoft Azure & Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Windows Active Directory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer service skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and with sound judgment
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability in a fast paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility, enthusiasm and team work