Micreos, founded in 2005, is a Dutch biotechnology company, pioneer and market leader in the development of phage technology for pathogen kill in the processing of foods. Our Food Safety brand PhageGuard, is the market leader of phage products developed to kill Listeria, Salmonella and E.coli. We are a people-oriented company and develop and produce our products in The Netherlands and work with customers in a collaborate fashion to help mitigate their food safety challenges.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Manager of Sales & Business Development to join our team based out of Atlanta, GA.
The person we’re looking for is looking for a commercial entrepreneur with a strong technical background and with experience and existing relationships in the meat & poultry, seafood, produce or dairy industries. We seek the expansion of sustainable bacterio-phage business within the food industry and the expansion of phage application into new markets.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Manager of Sales and Business Development involve:
- Achieve and exceed agreed sales targets
- Build and leverage relationships with key customers & decision makers to develop well thought through thru projects with a high chance of success
- Ensure first class and professional representation of Micreos
- Accountable for new business pipeline and maintaining appropriate levels of new customer leads
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to achieve company objectives.
- Help to build value propositions for phage products
- Ensure that company leads are followed up in a timely manner
- Participate in protocol design, plant testing and training of customers on phage use
- Provide technical & sales support to business partners & distributors
- Attend and support trade shows and other business events
- Proven track record in technical sales in a B2B Food safety or ingredient environment with a minimum of 8 years experience
- Established personal network in medium and large food processing companies
- Experience in food safety and/or biotechnology a plus
- Ability to translate technology into application
- Experience in working in an international setting
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 60% of the time
- Self-motivation, drive, resilience and tenacity in order to achieve and exceed agreed sales targets
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to influence others, negotiate and build strong customer relationships
- Self starter with a go-get and can-do mentality
- Good sense of humor, great listener, cooperative and ability to build bridges
- Calm and well organized with the ability plan, multitask and prioritize
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, result oriented entrepreneur
- Experience of using Google platform, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Teams
- Fluent in English
- Valid US driving license
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a ground breaking and innovative company.