Works with supervision to guide and provide balance between sales volume and product availability. Works cooperatively with sales account managers and members of the distribution team to maintain the highest level of service to our customers. This position is responsible for assisting the sales team with daily sales tasks. You will help with customer service, communication between departments and support for business development. The successful candidate will have the opportunity for career growth within the company. High volume of data entry. This role is an on-site role located in Gonzales, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain files and accurate paperwork for our customers
- Assist with data entry of customer requests in a timely manner
- Assist in processing order changes and adjustments related to purchases
- Scanning BOLS/OCR; Pulling BOLS
- Addressing Aged Inventory by notifying sales of quantities that are short dated
- Cross Training - Samples (secondary) – will be a backup when primary sample coordinator is not available
- Special projects as needed and additional tasks are assigned
- Ability to define and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables, occasionally in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Will rotate Saturday (6th day) work with other members of Sales Team
- Must be well organized, a self-starter, possess excellent customer service & telephone skills.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Data entry skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to quickly learn specific software and basic knowledge of accounting (processing orders, invoicing, etc.) and well versed in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to make sound independent decisions based on available data.
- Must be even-tempered and team spirited - a good sense of humor is desirable.
- Bilingual English – Spanish a plus
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the needed knowledge and skills. Experience in transportation or agriculture is highly desirable.
- Minimum high school diploma
Working Conditions Working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis. Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. Lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally. Flexibility to travel by conventional means including aircraft. Variations in conditions may occur.