We are a full-line full-service Produce Distributor serving Southern California from our state of the art facility in Vernon,CA area.
We are currently searching for a Produce Warehouse Manager to join our team.
The Warehouse Manager provides direction and management of warehouse operations.
Ensures efficient inbound and outbound movement of product.
Ensures perishable product is rotated to minimize spoilage of product and ensures product is brought to production rooms in a timely manner.
Manage warehousing/storage of all raw product, supplies finished product and other material.
Maintain inventory of supplies, rotate stock as required.
Ensure all equipment is in safe and operating status, ensures any issues are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
Supervise forklift operators and preform evaluations.
Conduct training and safety meetings as necessary, conduct disciplinary action as needed.
- Preform other duties as assigned by plant manager.
- This position shall have supervisory responsibilities over the warehouse personnel. Responsibility for efficiency, scheduling and safety of warehouse personnel.
- Oral Communication - Speaks and understands so as to follow directions and get clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Demonstrated ability to accept change and be a proponent of change in meeting customers’ needs, as well as needed.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Works a schedule to ensure that sanitation goals and responsibilities are executed. Follows company procedures when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to organize strategies and trends to communicate with others by various means including; verbal and electronic presentations. Bi Lingual (English/Spanish) highly desired.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Excellent analytical skills and the ability to maintain adequate inventories while maintaining in-stock conditions at store level.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Intermediate computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access). Ability to read computer generated reports.