Nino’s Fresh Cut Fruit & Veg. has delivered fresh, safe, and high-quality produce to the South Texas region for over 25 years. Each day we come into work, we continually strive to provide the freshest produce possible. Our company is built upon strong family values, and is deeply rooted in providing excellent customer service, honesty, and a level of standards that surpasses any customer expectations.
We have an immediate opening for a Production Lead to join our Fresh Cut team in San Antonio, TX. The successful candidate will work directly with the Production Supervisor to ensure an efficient production workflow and production requirements and reworked product consistently match product specifications and customer expectations.
- Perform daily pre-operational and post-operational checks and complete corresponding documentation
- Set up the line; ensure the line is adequately supplied with the correct product and labels as indicated by the production board; regularly review to ensure any changes are captured and communicated to workers on the line
- Direct workers tasks: instruct in the correct grading, sorting and packing requirements to ensure company standards are consistently met with the focus of maximizing quality and productivity; support and provide guidance when necessary
- Administrative tasks associated with updating complete jobs and ensure traceability protocols are being followed
- Communicate and address variances, quality issues and concerns with Production Supervisor; help identify the causes and implement sustainable corrective action
- Monitor the working environment to ensure compliance of company and statutory hygiene, good manufacturing practices, food safety, health and safety policies and procedures
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
- Must be at least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the US
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be available on Saturdays
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish)
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Supervisor/staff in a clear and concise manner.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.