The Nunes family planted it’s first seeds in the early 1930s and since then has been practicing innovative farming, cooling, and shipping methods throughout California, Nevada, and Arizona. Third and fourth generation Nunes family members are at the helm of all operations today, ensuring that a tradition of innovation and pride is carried out in every level of the operation. When you come to work for Nunes you become part of the family. There is a very positive, demanding but rewarding culture. The number of employees that have worked for the family for decades is a testament to this culture.
We are looking for an experienced accounting professional to join the Nunes team as Assistant Controller of Cooling Operations. This individual will be primarily responsible for supporting financial and accounting aspects of the cooling process, including financial reporting, reconciliations, variance analysis, and monthly close processes. The best candidate for this position is a self-starter who will enjoy tackling new challenges and possess exceptional organization skills with an eye for detail. We are looking for a knowledgeable individual who has a strong understanding of finance for operations with the ability to dig into the numbers tracking results, variances, and actuals to budget. You must have very strong communication skills and be able to be assertive enough to keep meetings on task and get issues resolved in a timely manner.
This is a great opportunity not only to hone your accounting skills but to be a part of the strategy and help move the company forward. You will be working with an impressive team of accounting and finance professionals. They truly have the desire to mentor and develop the successful candidate. Nunes has a competitive salary and benefits package. They work together in a family-oriented environment and take care of their people.
- Responsible for month end close, financial statement preparation & analysis of designated company.
- Analyzes financial data in a timely manner to ensure revenue and expenses are recorded appropriately.
- Develops annual budget and evaluates monthly results against the budget and investigates any variances.
- Responsible for managing the budgets for all projects and related development activities.
- Routinely coordinates, analyzes, and reports financial, production and overall operational performance to the management team.
- Analyzes financial data and operations to recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, and cut costs.
- Assists with the annual audit process.
- Contributes to developing processes to enhance internal controls and to streamline timely reporting of financial information.
- Routinely coordinates with operations to investigate, track, and organize records for fixed assets including work in progress projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance or equivalent.
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of related experience
- Working experience with Dynamics AX is highly desirable
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency with MSOffice (Outlook, Word, and Excel) programs.
- Prepares a variety of financial statements and reports and analyzes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Strong understanding of the general ledger, reconciliations, and accounting principles.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and with sound judgement
- Displays excellent written and strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the company.
- Consistently demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and dependability.
- Establishes and maintains effective channels of communications with internal and external contacts.
- Self-starter and works under minimum supervision.
- Prior produce or public accounting experience highly desirable
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.