Are you a hands-on creative problem solver and team player with experience working on a farm who takes pride in their work and loves wearing many hats? Are you looking for a position where you can apply your previous industry experience? Great opportunity for the right candidate!
If you are willing to work intensely June through September each year and then take on less than full time hours in the off-season, are ready to contribute to our company goal of being the industry leader by focusing on quality and excellent customer satisfaction with integrity,honesty, and reliability - Apply now to be part of our team!
Function and Responsibilities of Position:
- Manage Irrigation, Crop Application, and Equipment.
- Manage crews, including a team of Chemical Sprayers.
- Manage and work the harvest.
- Coordinate all irrigation scheduling with Farm Manager
- Track fertigation chemical usage and inventory
Crop Protection and Nutrient Application/Pesticides
- Maintain crop protection and nutrient application database
- Post and maintain all application records
- Coordinate all crop protection applications with Farm Manager
- Maintain crop protection inventory levels
Equipment and Vehicles
- Operate farm equipment as needed
- Ensure proper maintenance of all equipment and vehicles
- Maintain inventory and coordinate pickup/delivery of shop parts
- Train employees in proper equipment use and maintenance
- Enforce and follow company rules and policies in safety, food safety, pesticide safety, and good agricultural practices.
- Enforce and follow OSHA Worker Protection Standard and other state and federal worker health and safety regulations.
- Communicate effectively with bi-lingual staff.
- Attend annual industry workshops and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree, with Agricultural focus, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on a farm.
- Prior experience in farm management a plus
- Must be willing to work long hours June through September each year with extensive hours in July and August. Weekly hours worked in off season expectations are under 40 hours per week.
- Chemical Spray and Irrigation exposure/experience.
- Understanding of practical use of chemicals is a plus.
- Mechanical maintenance aptitude.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to have basic conversations, understand, and communicate in Spanish a plus.
- Strong Computer Skills – Good knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge/exposure to Agworld (Chemical/financial program) and Netafim (Irrigation system) a plus.
- Willing to obtain and maintain Oregon Department of Ag Private Pesticide Applicator License.
- Experience/exposure in Berry or Horticulture industry a plus.
- Experience/exposure in family-owned and/or small business climate.
- Professional, dependable, principled, and honest with a strong and diligent work ethic.
- Collaborative team player willing to learn and go “above and beyond.”
- Physical Requirements include working outdoors year-round, enduring diverse weather conditions, ability to lift 30-40 pounds regularly, and walking/working on rough terrain.
- Must pass background and reference check.
Great Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision Insurance and generous PTO – 25 days and 6 paid Holidays.
All candidates must provide a resume, cover letter, and references. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws. We maintain a drug-free workplace that complies with federal law.