Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington.
We are currently seeking a Director of Prepared Foods/Fresh Cut Processing for our Portland, Oregon location.
What you’ll do…
Ensure product is available for daily, weekly, and monthly production needs while watching unnecessary overstock Partner with the Director of Prepared Foods Sales to support new product/new customer sales Act as a liaison to PCF’s customers and other departments within PCF Partner with the Director of Food Safety to ensure HACCP, SQF, USDA, FDA, OSHA, GMPs, SOPs, and other operational procedures and requirements are understood and followed Provide guidance and direction to staff, including setting performance standards and monitoring and evaluating performance. Review and approve operating budgets, capital plans, and cash flow budgets that support company initiatives. Introduce new technologies and automation to the manufacturing environment to enhance efficiency, productivity, and accuracy. Monitor the daily, weekly, and monthly KPI’s such as: fill rate, average cost of ingredients, net variance tracking, and productivity tracking. Work closely with an established ERP system to maintain accurate costing and inventory. Work closely with procurement team to ensure we are obtaining the best quality product at the best cost.
What we look for…
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 10 years professional experience, including 7+ years as a food production plant manager or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A background in production facility layout, work-flow analysis and benchmarking productivity.
- Familiarity with a 24/7 production environment with strict schedules for production runs.
- Good knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing manufacture and distribution of product.
- Experience working with food products, preferably fruits and vegetables, with a background in new product development preferred.
- A working knowledge of SQF, HACCP, SOP’s, and GMP’s.
- Familiarity with USDA, FDA, FSMA, and Oregon Department of Agriculture requirements as they relate to the produce and ready to eat production environment.
- Advanced understanding of how to lead and develop teams by building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, with emphasis in Excel.
- Bilingual language skills (English/Spanish) highly desired
What you’ll gain…
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, and bonus program.
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program.