Pacific Trellis Fruit has imported a variety of fresh fruits into North America since 1999. Since then we have become recognized as one of America’s top tier year-round growers, shippers and marketers of premium fresh fruits such as table grapes, cherries, plums, nectarines, peaches and more.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Operations and Quality Control Coordinator to join our team in Gloucester, NJ. The primary responsibility of the position is to coordinate the activities of the Operations-Quality Control Departments with customs brokers, federal and state regulatory agencies, ports, cold storage facilities, distribution centers and 3rd party Operations/Quality Control partners to support sales functions and Grower/Supplier needs.
This is a multi-disciplinary position where the successful candidate will deal with areas as diverse as US Customs, Inventory Control, Food Safety, Logistics, and all other aspects of warehouse operations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Working knowledge of import requirements from regulatory divisions of the USDA, PPQ, CBP, FDA and as related to Import requirements and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Food Safety Standards including FSMA and USDA.
- Working knowledge of fresh produce industry services.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Import Operations or Quality Control inspections in the Produce Industry.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks on a timely basis.
- Working knowledge and computer skills including the entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Occasional travel to Delaware River port locations and inland warehouses using your own vehicle will be required.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.