Since 1908 our family farms passion for food, a healthy environment and our sincere interest in producing the highest quality food, both ethically and sustainably have grown. Today we are a sustainable farm that grows a wide array of year-round vegetables and offer a variety of convenient packaging.
We are currently looking for a Supply Manager to join our team at Pero Family Farms in Delray Beach, FL.
The Supply Managers main responsibilities are to manage the flow of all assigned produce items both internal and externally procured from either domestic or imported sources. This position reports directly to the Chief Supply Officer and works closely with the Chief Performance Officer. This position will require periodic travel multiple growing regions throughout the year as well as to other Pero locations as the company deems necessary.
- Manage sourcing strategy, including contract and negotiation decisions, to improve quality and profitability
- Negotiate raw product contracts with growers and brokers based on quality parameters
- Facilitate the development of new suppliers in collaboration with quality assurance in order to help them to reach the level of excellence required by company standards
- Build grower relations, exclusive where possible, with specific specifications to Fresh Cut/Fresh Wrap production needs
- Evaluate and select suppliers based on their ability to supply product in accordance with the organization’s requirements like quality, contract compliance, and accuracy among others
- Effectively communicate with suppliers to ensure timely deliveries, excellent product quality, continuous improvement for cost reductions and improving lead times
- Monitor daily quality inspection reports with Director of Quality Assurance.
- Maintain acceptable inventory levels on all assigned commodities and be accountable for all daily purchases for assigned commodities
- Work closely with the Chief Performance Officer and the Client Services staff to secure needed lid pricing, needed quantities, and forecasted profitability.
- Work closely with the Sales division to ensure all product and quality levels are maintain and acceptable.
- Monitor and control the inventory levels of all assigned commodities and assist sales in finding suitable solutions for any variances
- The Supply Manager will be responsible for maintaining budgetary profit margins on assigned commodities
- Prepare assigned commodity update reports of volume, price, and availability for weekly review
- The buyer must have working knowledge in areas of handling rejections, PACA rules, and government regulations regarding the commerce of the fresh produce industry
- Select Growers/ Shippers who meet PERO’s Food Safety requirements such as Primus Labs, HAACP programs, third party audits by companies or agencies such as Primus Labs & CCOF must be capable of full traceability of product
- Work with transportation and logistics to ensure the arrival/travel of the product runs smoothly
- Must have significant knowledge of perishable products and produce production
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be a high-performance team player and be willing to work in a dynamic, growing, demanding and fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately handle out-of-the-ordinary issues with a sense of urgency
- Must have ability to effectively follow-up and handle multiple projects with strong personal time-management skills and effectively manage associated stress
- Able to travel to multiple growing regions throughout the year as well as to other Pero locations as the company deems necessary.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement 401k
If you have produce and sourcing experience, apply today.