PRO*ACT is America’s leading distributor of fresh produce to the fresh food industry, utilizing its network of over 50 distribution companies operating over 70 third-party inspected, independently owned distribution centers across the United States and Canada. PRO*ACT sources perishable product from premier local, national and regional suppliers and markets a one-call solution to fresh food operators who benefit from PRO*ACT’s category cost management through commodity contract pricing, in-house consultation services, and integrated produce program distribution management.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our Procurement Team as a Freight Manager.
The Freight Manager will be responsible for identifying areas for continuous improvement to streamline processes and reduce costs across the supply chain. Strong experience in time sensitive supply chain and logistics functions in a rapidly growing organization is required. The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, organized, and well-versed in aspects of international produce logistics including documentation, customs compliance, distribution and transportation. Working experience in the area of freight forwarding or a similar function is strongly desired.
Among other duties, the successful candidate will:
- ArrangeTransportation for the PRO*ACT network and customers
- Track trucks ensuring timely arrival and communicating issues and delays as well as solving transportation problems.
- Develop a strategy for making sure freight is delivered on time to PRO*ACT’s customers at the lowest possible cost.
- Ensure that freight capacity is available in line with PRO*ACT’s projected forecasts and growth objectives.
- Negotiate transportation contracts and the financial analysis associated with driving an agreement that supports PRO*ACT’s objectives.
- Review of all business documents being released to the suppliers: RFPs, RFIs, Statement of Work (SOW), Master Agreements (MSAs), and formal communications.
- Manage of carrier contracts through regular status reviews with the business and carriers ensuring that services are being performed according to the SOW and pricing.
- Ensure active measurement of the carrier’s performance to the SOW is occurring and identification of root cause and corrective measures are established as the need arises.
- Maintain effective and proactive relationships with regional business teams to ensure support of existing and new operational requirements.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience in produce and/or logistics/supply chain.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry required.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, written and verbal required.
- Computer proficiency in business related software required; Office 365 preferred.
- Ability to model Pro*Act’s Competencies required.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits
- Exceptional Team Oriented Culture
- Career Development Programs
- Wellness Program and Employee Appreciation
- Casual Attire and all-around FUN place to work!