PRO*ACT is America’s leading distributor of fresh produce to the fresh food industry, utilizing its network of over 50 distribution companies operating over 70 third-party inspected, independently owned distribution centers across the United States and Canada. PRO*ACT sources perishable product from premier local, national and regional suppliers and markets a one-call solution to fresh food operators who benefit from PRO*ACT’s category cost management through commodity contract pricing, in-house consultation services, and integrated produce program distribution management.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Manager of Food Safety to join our team in beautiful Monterey, CA.
As the PRO*ACT Senior Manager you will Manage a team of Food Safety and Quality Assurance professionals. In addition, you will manage our Food Safety Program, represent PRO*ACT at tradeshows, technical committees and other events as needed.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- M.S. in Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiology preferred; other technical degree may be considered with appropriate food-related experience.
- 7+ years of experience in food safety management required
- Working knowledge of food microbiology, HACCP, GMPs, sanitation, and U.S. and Canadian food regulations required
- Experience with auditing diverse food operations required
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required
We offer excellent pay with generous benefits, an exceptional team oriented culture, Career Development Program, and a wellness program complete with FREE onsite gym and Yoga.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.