- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits
- Exceptional Team Oriented Culture
- Casual Attire and all-around FUN place to work!
Are you someone who enjoys the fast paced, ever changing produce industry? PRO*ACT is looking for a produce professional to join our team in Monterey as a Sourcing Specialist. As a PRO*ACT Sourcing Specialist you will provide value to distributors by sourcing high-quality products at competitive prices.
Applying candidates must be a willing participant of a cohesive team, embrace multitasking and have superior communication skills with the utmost attention to detail.
- Maximize incentive programs by sourcing from respective supplier base; balance incentives with product quality and price to maximize benefits.
- Source and price P.O.s in a timely manner.
- Forecast market trends, product quality, availability and seasonal transitions; communicate to internal team and distribution network.
- Provide sourcing price comparisons as directed by department leadership.
- Ensure order fulfillment by utilizing data and reports to hold supplier partners accountable.
- Network and collaborate with internal team, distributor procurement and sales teams and suppliers to grow business.
- Build customer loyalty by working within each customer’s parameters (supplier preferences, quality needs, desired prices/incentives and timing requirements) to match them with the suppliers best suited to their needs.
- Visit suppliers, attend industry events and/or participate i annual sales & procurement conferences.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and expertise on all assigned products.
- Serve in “on-call” rotation: manage after-hours emergencies; communicate outcomes and/or additional needs with procurement; manage customer expectations throughout the process.
- Assist Account Managers as necessary.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ year of produce experience required.
- Expert level knowledge in at least 1 Produce Commodity required.
- High level of Customer Service required.
- Strong team player able to assist other team members when needed required.
- High level of proficiency with Windows-based product management software required.
- Ability to flex priorities as needed required.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.