Who are we?
Produce Alliance specializes in delivery of fresh produce to restaurants and other foodservice operators at higher quality and better prices. We provide fresh produce category management services including procurement, national distribution, information services, and food safety assurance to food service clients across North America, the Caribbean and beyond. Produce Alliance manages an alliance of 50+ independently owned specialty distributors of fresh products. Each distributor is carefully selected and commits to full compliance with our audited distribution, purchasing, and category management programs designed for client success. As a Buyers Edge Platform company, we are committed to providing our clients with unprecedented service, superior access to high-quality fresh produce, commodity expertise and strategic supply chain solutions.
This position involves routine travel, 25% of the time or more. We are unable to offer sponsorship for work authorization for this role.
As an Account Manager – Convenience & Alternate Retail you will support the Executive Customer Account Manager for this business category. You ideally come with purchasing or sales experience within the convenience store, meal delivery or grab & go landscape to understand category-specific landscape and trends. Can have experience within distribution, supply chain with a passion to own a portfolio of rapid growth accounts.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, highly analytical, results driven, and eager to work in a growing, fast-paced company.
This is a high impact role where you will fully own the week over week management of the accounts within your portfolio.
What you'll do with us:
- Support a portfolio of Custom Distribution (CD) clients within a specific Category: Convenience & Alternate Retail
- Develop & execute a strategic account plan to achieve sales targets and drive efficiency to support growth.
- Drive communication that advises supply chain toward client objectives
- Self Sufficient Owner of Client portfolio; delegated by lead of the Corporate team of the Client (most important) and the Executive Customer Account Manager.
Conduct weekly client and distributor touch points to address & communicate:
- Issue resolution/ action items
- Pricing updates/ discrepancies
- Distribution & logistics support
- Market escalations and updates
- Using all of the above to inform your feedback on strategic initiative planning to the category lead and supply chain team.
Oversee Custom Distribution account implementation and renewal tasks, such as:
- New account/ new market/ new item rollout/ LTOs
- Establish timelines with key stakeholders
- Research, learn & apply category-specific landscapes & trends to expand the service offerings within the category.
- Work with the Executive Customer Account Manager and Director of National Accounts to forecast sales volumes
- Provide quarterly account update report to the Executive Customer Account Manager Supply Chain Manager, and Director of National Accounts
- Close daily communication with Business Development, Supply Chain Manager, Senior Supply Chain Analyst, CD Pricing, CD Food Safety and Director of National Accounts
- Facilitation of Business Reviews, on site visits, client conferences and product testing
- Become cross-trained in Custom Distribution daily supply chain functions
- 3-5 years’ experience managing account relationships
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Purchasing experience within the retail, ready to eat, or the home delivery landscape preferred
- Attention to detail with a strong desire to deliver value added support to clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced team environment as well as independently
- Must be flexible to assist with client needs outside normal business hours as needed.
- Ability to critically think about customer needs proactively
- Ability to travel when needed for customer conferences, business reviews, and bi-annual customer meetings
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel
- Produce knowledge/produce management background preferred
- Valid, unrestricted driver's license with the ability to rent a car
What's in this for you?
Amazing coverages to start. Medical, dental, and vision coverages are just the beginning! We also offer ancillary plans, such as flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care, critical illness, accident, and voluntary life as well as company paid life and long-term-disability plans! On top of this, we also offer a 401(k) plan with company match.
Invest in your success. We will provide you with a thorough training and development program; and offer competitive compensation.
Live well = Work well. Relax with our Personal Responsibility Paid Time Off policy where you don’t have to accrue time off in order to take it!
We welcome all.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.